TPG Community

Get online support

1mbps Download Speeds

worst_provider
Level 2

Hi,

We constantly have 1mbps Download Speeds - (http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/cb702a50-34ed-11e9-b418-676b19b2aee6)

Have tested multiple devices, both on wifi and through ethernet cable. Huawei HG532d modem/router.

Tried calling TPG but got the "we're too busy, tough luck. goodbye" message. What a disgraceful service provider. Would love some help on what to do next to figure out why the speeds are so poor.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
legcat
Level 4

Hi @worst_provider

Can you show us a picture of your Modem stats? This should help us figure out what speed is your modem sync'd and what your maximum download and upload rates are.

If you don't know how, just navigate around the modem until you find something like DSL information or WAN information.

worst_provider
Level 2
worst_provider
Level 2

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 8.28.11 PM.png

legcat
Level 4

I think something is going on in your line there mate.

your upstream line attenuation is higher that the downstream line attenuation

try doing an isolation test and check the stats again

if you dont know what is isolation test: just unplug all other devices except your modem from the telephone wall socket.

edit: and don't forget to check the stats

Will

Hi @worst_provider

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for raising this to us. I'd like to help you with improving the speed of your connection.

I tried to locate your TPG account using your community details, but I'm unable to find a direct match. Would you be able to send me a PM providing your TPG username / customer ID and your service address? For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,