TPG Community

Get online support

4G service dropping out. Cannot use internet or make calls

faulkner0
Level 2

As far as I can deduce the community support forum is the only online system of support offered by TPG!?!?

I have the 4G internet service and 2 phones with TPG sim cards. I live in Glen Iris Melbourne. 10 KM from the City. There are cell phone towers everywhere.

This is the 2nd month of experiencing the same problems.

The problem is that the 4G signal keeps dropping out. So my 4G internet service goes from an average of 12 MBPS download to 0MBPS download all day long, therefor making the internet service unusable.

Calls are affected too. Receipients say they cannot hear me and the line keeps dropping out. So I have no internet and no phone service.

Last week I received a call from TPG saying that the problem was one at the local tower and that hardware in the tower had been replaced and that was what was causing my symptoms. 

For 1 week the symptoms were gone and life was back to normal.

But now we are in day 2 of the same symptoms.

I am a stay at home dad with a 2 YO child in my care full time. My life is hard enough. I cannot deal with these issues all day long, and all month long. Just fix it TPG !

What can I do? I am at my witts end.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @faulkner0 ,

Let us help rectify the issue affecting the service ASAP. Could you send me a PM with your details to better understand the situation? 

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

As far as I can deduce the community support forum is the only online system of support offered by TPG!?!?

I have the 4G internet service and 2 phones with TPG sim cards. I live in Glen Iris Melbourne. 10 KM from the City. There are cell phone towers everywhere.

This is the 2nd month of experiencing the same problems.

The problem is that the 4G signal keeps dropping out. So my 4G internet service goes from an average of 12 MBPS download to 0MBPS download all day long, therefor making the internet service unusable.

Calls are affected too. Receipients say they cannot hear me and the line keeps dropping out. So I have no internet and no phone service.

Last week I received a call from TPG saying that the problem was one at the local tower and that hardware in the tower had been replaced and that was what was causing my symptoms.

For 1 week the symptoms were gone and life was back to normal.

But now we are in day 2 of the same symptoms.

I am a stay at home dad with a 2 YO child in my care full time. My life is hard enough. I cannot deal with these issues all day long, and all month long. Just fix it TPG !

What can I do? I am at my witts end.