TPG Community

Get online support

535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User davillian@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH

davillian
Level 2

I have set up G-mail to send and receive my tpg email account. I have no issues receiving from my tpg account using POP3 from mail.tpg.com.au. Having successfully sent from my tpg email account using the Gmail browser app for about a month, I suddenly run into a sending ban from the tpg mail server. My send settings are:

Mail is sent through: mail.tpg.com.au
Secured connection on port 25 using TLS
I have looked at similar issues on tpg community and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do at the client end.
I did this for years on my previous Telstra email account and the problem must be fixed.
2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @davillian ,

Thanks for raising this to us here is an article that you may find helpful about this particular email issue.

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP 

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

@davillian wrote:

I have set up G-mail to send and receive my tpg email account. I have no issues receiving from my tpg account using POP3 from mail.tpg.com.au. Having successfully sent from my tpg email account using the Gmail browser app for about a month, I suddenly run into a sending ban from the tpg mail server. My send settings are:

Mail is sent through: mail.tpg.com.au
Secured connection on port 25 using TLS
I have looked at similar issues on tpg community and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do at the client end.
I did this for years on my previous Telstra email account and the problem must be fixed.

davillian
Level 2

Shane, bad answer.

I don't intend to change my password as a temporary fix for this arbitrary problem caused by the tpg email server. Either you (tpg) allow me to use IMAP to send emails to the various club memberships I belong to (> 30 addresses each) or I will cancel my tpg account and switch to one of your competitors who adopt a less draconian policy.

I wish to use my gmail web app to send and receive email using IMAP without restriction thankyou.