TPG Community

Get online support

5G Home Broadband keep connecting to 4G instead of 5G

farmaha
Level 2

Hi everyone, I am new to 5G Broadband and sign up 100Mbps speed and having same issues. Modem connected to 4G and download speed varies between 34 to 50 Mbps with 3 bars on Sagemcom modem.

How to resolve the isuues. Try to rang technical department with no luck after wait for 20 mins. Maybe after hours but still says 24 hours support. 

Ta.

Shane

Hi @farmaha 

May we confirm the troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? To better understand the situation, could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand and proceed with the initial investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi everyone, I am new to 5G Broadband and sign up 100Mbps speed and having same issues. Modem connected to 4G and download speed varies between 34 to 50 Mbps with 3 bars on Sagemcom modem.

How to resolve the isuues. Try to rang technical department with no luck after wait for 20 mins. Maybe after hours but still says 24 hours support. 

Ta.

marting6
Level 2

Hi Moderator.  I have the same problem.  I had 5G for a few weeks then dropped to 4G.  I moved it and 5G popped back up, but only for a few days.  Now back to 4G and cant get 5G no matter where I move it to.

best speed i can get now is  4 up 17 down.

Is there something wrong with this modem?  WIll the Nokia work better?

I see many similar complaints in the community.

Any experiece in the community would be apprecaited.