ADSL reconnection

Jamieh
Level 3

My transfer to the NBN has been delayed by at least 2 weeks due to an issue with the incoming line (NBN's fault). However my ADSL connection has been disconnected since the NBN was supposed to be working two weeks ago and I haven't had any service since. The earliest that the NBN tech can come out is in another two weeks making it a month without any internet service.

Can I please get my ADSL service reconnected again so I can at least go online until the NBN is repaired?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Will

Hi @Jamieh

Welcome to the Community!

I was able to locate your account information using your community details as reference. The diagnostic test I performed showed a possible problem with the home phone line. For the ADSL to work, the actual phone line should work first. Can you confirm if the phone is working?

As for getting the NBN to be installed at an earlier date, I may have some good news for you. We were able to move the schedule to an earlier date. An email will be sent to you providing the new appointment date.

Regards,

Jamieh
Level 3

Hi Will,

I can't test the line as I don't have a phone however my ADSL was working fine from the wall socket until I unplugged the modem to install the NBN network module. A TPG tech tested the line from inside my house and said that there was an open circuit in the street which is why I now need to get an NBN tech out.

As my home phone number is to be ported to TPG, who is responsible for the copper line?

Will

Hi @Jamieh

Your active account with us is ADSL Off-net wherein the internet is with TPG, but the phone service is with another provider. Since the internet is running through your telephone connection, any issue with the phone service will affect your internet. We're currently detecting issues on the phone line outside which would require a Telstra tech to come out and fix, in order for them to do that, they would require an active (can make & receive calls) telephone line in which to anchor the ADSL service.

Regards,

Will

Hi @Jamieh

The new schedule for the NBN installation was already sent to you via email.

Should you need further assistance, leave us a message.

Regards,

Jamieh
Level 3
Got it thanks Will.

BTW, my ADSL started working after your line test the other day.
Will

That's great news @Jamieh.

Now we just need to wait for your NBN service to be installed.

We're just here if you need us.

Regards,