ADSL2+ very slow

Huskidog
Level 2

Hi

Over the last month the ADSL2+ line I have (templestowe lower) is getting slower and slower to the point that you can't even watch Netflix on one device without it buffering consistently or loading web pages without watching the images slowly render on the screen.

Have rebooted, switched off - and tried multiple devices from phones to pcs but they are all slow when on the internet - whether using the ethernet or wireless.  My 4G optus mobile is faster.

Speed test last night had me at 0.86Mbps download, today it has been 0.96Mbps up to 2.34Mbps.  Upload of 0.36 and 0.46 when looked at twice today.

I can barely do work - like watching a kettle boil.  Seems like its a common issue with people.

5 REPLIES 5
Huskidog
Level 2

8 hours and still no reply - doesn't surprise me - seems others experiencing same - but with a generic reply when they do.  How hard is it - its not.

15 secs at least for TPG page to load - back to 90s speeds.

Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @Huskidog,

Welcome to the community.

I really want to get to the bottom of your issue and get it resolved.

So can you please private message me either your username or your listed mobile number on the account so I can bring up your details and investigate your issue.

The TPG Community is a place where TPG customers can discuss, ask, learn about our products and get help from other users. Our TPG Community moderators and Community Managers will always assist our customers to try and resolve their issues, however for assistance that is urgent or quite specific to your location/account we recommend it's best to contact Support Team directly for the quickest response (https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact).

Huskidog
Level 2

Pm details yesterday - is anyone looking at this.  2.76Mpbs download 0.47 upload - can barely watch Netflix on one device.

Mc_Gerald

Hi @Huskidog,

Thanks for sending your account details. Please allow me to run some test on your service and assess the situation. I'll be back shortly.

Kind regards,

Mc

Mc_Gerald

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sending the additional info via PM.

I did run a test and I'm seeing a possible line fault. It would be best if you will report it directly to Telstra so they can fix the phone line issue. As you are aware, our internet service relies on the quality of the phone line.

Kind regards,

Mc