Account transfer

chuckclayton
Level 2

I have been a Telstra customer for many years, but have joined TPG and they have now connected me to NBN.

I need to avoid paying two providers, so:
Question 1:  Do I need to advise Telstra that I am no longer their customer?
Question 2 : Will Telstra charge me for using their bigpond for my preferred email address?  If so, I will advise my contacts to use my TPG email address and cancel my bigpond address.

1 REPLY 1
Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @chuckclayton,

This question gets asked a lot so I will answer these question for your and the rest of the communities benefit.

Question 1: Do I need to advise Telstra that I am no longer their customer?

Answer: It is definitely advisable to contact your old provider after your TPG service is active for both internet and home phone.

Note: If your moving your home phone number from your old provider, do not cancel your old service until number has been transfered to TPG.

Question 2 : Will Telstra charge me for using their bigpond for my preferred email address? If so, I will advise my contacts to use my TPG email address and cancel my bigpond address.

Answer: You will need to contact your old provider to see if there is a charge for keeping their email address. You can definitely use you TPG email address and recommend you use that email address moving forward.

We also give you 19 more secondary email accounts if needed.

You can add secondary email address by following the below steps

1. Log in to your TPG My Account at https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Manage your Email Accounts".
  3. Click on "Add Slave User" and fill in the details.