TPG Community

Get online support

After NBN Outage NO HOME Internet Connection

Highlighted
Level 1c

Hello there,

Given the current situation, I am home bound and my job requires me to be on the computer constantly. But there was an outage in my area between 29-Mar and 31-Mar. I got a message from NBN that it was fixed on 31-Mar, but all day yesterday there was no internet at all. I have verified NBN outage website, but see that it's good from their end. I have turned off the modem a few times, left it turned off for a few secs and turned back on - no avail. Given the outage for 3 days I have bumped my phone data. I urgently need help if I have to continue to work today. 

Details:

Sometimes 4, sometimes 5 or 6 lights flash on the modem - v inconsistent.

Thanks, KS

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 3

@kavya ... try turning your modem off.. and wait at least 5min (allowing the circuit to de-energise completely) ... then turn on.
NBN modems take a lot longer to boot and get a solid signal.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Level 1c

I did that, that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. No internet yet. What do you want me to try next?

Highlighted
Level 1c

Understand there is no phone support, but I see this message anytime I send a chat message during TPG support hours - "Our team members are currently serving other customers. We appreciate your patience. Please try again later." I don't seem to get a response after this, and there is no indication whether I just wait there or should I try another time? 

Highlighted
Level 3

Sadly... if there is no DSL signal from the exchange (or local node)... no amount of power-cycling the modem will fix it :-(
This is an NBN issue... but unfortunately. .. you have to go thru TPG to get fixed.

Highlighted
Level 1c

Hello TPG, can you look into this for me please? 

Highlighted
Level 1c
Absolutely rubbish chat support - would you even call it support? I am paying 110 dollars a month for nothing. No response. Waiting for 4 days for Internet and staying home, can't work. Phone support guides me to chat support that doesn't provide a solution, no emails. Can only look upwards and wait for God too show me the way.

Highlighted
Level 1c
It's called out to be an NBN issue by your technician. What do I do next to fix this as I again need to go through you to have it fixed ? If not refund my payment for the month.