TPG Community

Get online support

Appalling Speeds NBN Cable Superfast

andyjess19high
Level 2
TPG, your speed tests say our NBN is 97mbps. We pay the highest rate nearly $100/month. We have been customers for over 8 years. We live in the inner suburbs, Melbourne.

And yet independent speed tests show speeds as slow as 40mbps DIRECTLY over the router you supplied and with the TV directly connected to the router there is ZERO chance those 97 mbps speeds reflect what we pay for. Netflix buffers like we are on dial up. In the study 3m away we get 2mbps. Tried calling. You now apparently have no customer service to speak to. Use the app, write an email. Great. Well here you go.

Please get back in touch otherwise we are ripping up this worthless contract and moving elsewhere. Your service is basically a POS and my mobile phone works better. Are you throttling our router and ripping us off ?

Happy to post to socials as I doubt I’m the only one.

Disgruntled customer.
9 REPLIES 9
RajenS

Hi @andyjess19high 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.
kind regards

RajenS

Hi @andyjess19high 

Looking at your account now, 

Thanks 

Rajen 

RajenS

Hi @andyjess19high 

I saw your speed test results, that is from 4G, mobile not connected to WIFI, 

I just went through your full connections, and remotely access to your router.

please try these steps
turn off wifi on your router ( make sure nothing is connected )
connect your PC or laptop with LAN cable - run the speed test, I am sure you will speed is over 85Mbps.

2 Now connected your mobile phone over 5G wifi, do a speed test close to the router and run another one far from the router,

do the same testing for 2.4G wifi as well,

so you will understand how wifi works,

bandwidth sharing means - when multiple devices do streaming or downloading your total speed will be shared to each device, at this stage if you run a speed test. it will be slow

I remotely access to your router did a speed test this is what I got,

timestamp 2020-04-28 13:00:29
sync_rate 0.00 Mbps
download_mbps 96.93 Mbps
download_total 269.51 MB
download_filesize 256.00 MB
download_duration 22.24 secs

Thanks 

Rajen Mobile .jpg

andyjess19high
Level 2
Here is a photo sent from directly over the wifi router that you provided. The router is plugged directly into the modem where apparently we are getting the amazing speeds you show. I too can run those tests. They don’t mean jack if the internet doesn’t work as it should.

Our router is plugged directly into our TV too. I also note these are day time speeds not even peak times !
RajenS

HI @andyjess19high 

I can see mobile connected to 2.4G wifi; please try 5G wifi, also if you got any NEW IOS or Samsung devices to run the test, I have seen many, mobiles are not cooperating to run 100MB plan, due to hardware and power-saving mode
Please send speed test from your laptop or PC with LAN cable,(not wifi)
if still failing, please let me know. I will ask can we get someone to run the test,

Thanks 

Rajen  

andyjess19high
Level 2
I have three laptops in the house. None have LAN cables that can be plugged in. I’m not going to buy an adapter to run a test for you. This is not the dark ages - we use wifi. The router is the one TPG provided. So either please send a technician out to fix our internet or we are leaving TPG and we won’t pay the next bill.

Your solution by “testing the speed into our house” is - as discussed - irrelevant. We paid for the highest possible NBN service. I expect good internet service. We do not have that. And there is next to no customer service. Why am I emailing and messaging you rather than speaking to someone. This is a waste of time.
RajenS

Hi @andyjess19high 

callback in progress for you. the engineering team will contact you, once someone available.

(Due to precautionary measures to protect our staff from the COVID-19 outbreak, TPG’s telephone support team members will be transitioning to working from home. We appreciate your patience as you may experience longer wait times.)

Thanks 

Rajen

andyjess19high
Level 2
When can someone be expected to come and fix our appalling internet? I simply cannot fathom how TPG can be charging me $100/month and we can’t even get wifi 3m from the router you supplied.
andyjess19high
Level 2
TPG - if someone doesn’t get in contact with me urgently we will call the bank and cancel the direct debit and good luck trying to enforce a contact where you haven’t provided a service we have been paying for. We will just change providers.