TPG Community

Get online support

Belong 4353 modem - cannot change DNS

Shivoopsy
Level 2
Hi all,
First day on TPG and we can't get on the web. We have a Belong 4353 that we previously used with an Optus service.
However after signing in with the TPG credentials, it won't connect to the internet.
Can anyone advise the proper IP, DCHP etc setting to use? I am locked out of changing the DNS settings.
Thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Shivoopsy ,

Welcome to the community!

I found a thread about connecting a 3rd party  modem/router that you may find helpful.

Please visit the link below.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-configure-own-netgear-modem-router-to-nbn/...

Credits to @2fly

You may also follow this connection setup.

Username: <Your TPG username>
Password: <Your TPG Account Password>
Protocol / Encapsulation / Connection Type: PPPoE(sometimes, you'll have PPPoE LLC)
VLAN ID: 2

We'd like to set your expectation that the VOIP service will not work should you proceed in using your modem as it is only provisioned on the TPG supplied equipment.

Let us know how it will go.

@Shivoopsy wrote:
Hi all,
First day on TPG and we can't get on the web. We have a Belong 4353 that we previously used with an Optus service.
However after signing in with the TPG credentials, it won't connect to the internet.
Can anyone advise the proper IP, DCHP etc setting to use? I am locked out of changing the DNS settings.
Thanks in advance!