TPG Community

Get online support

Brand new NBN but dropping out

Amysatchell
Level 3
Why is my NBN service dropping out? The white router that came from TPG three times this evening had no internet light on and no service to my apartment. The NBN box has online flashing. Each time it was off for about 6-8 minutes. It’s brand new this week- why are there drop outs?
7 REPLIES 7
Riezl

Hi @Amysatchell, we have checked the status of your connection and it look stable at the moment.

We'll monitor this for 24 hours and if the issue persists, we'll investigate further.

Will

Hi @Amysatchell,

We have monitored your connection and we can say that it's been stable for more than 24 hours already. If you still need assistance, don't hesitate to leave a message.

Regards,

Amysatchell
Level 3
It has dropped out again and has been out for about ten minutes.
Will

Hi @Amysatchell,

I'm sorry to hear that the connection dropouts seem to have recurred. Can you confirm the following for us:

• Status of the lights on the NBN Arris box when the connection dropped out
  • Did you reboot your devices specifically the NBN box?

Regards,

Amysatchell
Level 3
On other times sometimes I have reset it. Other times it does that itself. On the nbn box it was flashing on the online light.
Will

Thanks for the additional information, @Amysatchell. I will be refreshing your NBN box which means your connection will drop during the process. After which, we'll monitor your connection for more at least 2 days to see how it goes.

Should the connection drop out again during those times, please refrain from rebooting the NBN box.

Will

Hi @Amysatchell,

I have monitored your connection since Monday and we're detecting dropouts coming from your NBN box. This needs to be checked further by NBNCo. I have escalated this issue to our Engineering Team for assistance. Updates pertaining to this case will be provided to you by one of our Engineers via SMS or phone call.

Regards,