TPG Community

Get online support

Broadband speed issue

karthikrao
Level 2

Hi,

I'm accepted the offer to stay on Ultrafast after the free 6 month upgrade. I accepted the offer from the TPG email Thursday and followed the instructions to change plan. Payment processed fine, and got an email saying it's gone through and plan change completed.

However, my speed has dropped from 700-900Mbps download (during free upgrade period) to 150 Speeds 

No hardware or software changes on my end. Just did the usual, switch off PC and router at night and turn back on in mornings. 

I'm hoping this is not going to be the new normal, any advice?

2 REPLIES 2
karthikrao
Level 2

Hi,

I'm on FTTP and accepted the offer to stay on Ultrafast after the free 6 month upgrade. I accepted the offer from the TPG email Thursday and followed the instructions to change plan. Payment processed fine, and got an email saying it's gone through and plan change completed.

However, my speed has dropped from 700-900Mbps download (during free upgrade period) to 100. Speeds seem capped at 100/40 after multiple speed tests across multiple times. 

No hardware or software changes on my end. Just did the usual, switch off PC and router at night and turn back on in mornings. 

I'm hoping this is not going to be the new normal, any advice?

I did the speed test and download speed of 160 / 8 mbps

Riezl

Hi @karthikrao,

We've created some articles that will help you troubleshoot the Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community