TPG Community

Get online support

Can’t log in to change credit card and to pay bill.

Womble2
Level 2

So my credit card was hacked and I got a new one. 
I only have home broadband with TPG. No mobile service. 
I have been with TPG for some 18 years over a couple of houses. 

When I try to log in to my account through the browser it says I don't have a mobile number and to call customer service. They want me to uload my selfie with my drivers licence visible to validate my account. 

I just want to pay my bill and don't see why I should have to give them such data in light of recent hacks in order to do so. 

When I use the app I can log in and can submit all the new credit card data,  But when I hit submit it says "you do not have permission to access this page".  

I have emailed requesting resolution and still no reply. 

Any suggestions please?

3 REPLIES 3
Angeli

Hi @Womble2

Welcome to TPG Community! 

Sometimes if we’re unable to verify you, we may need you to provide us with your government issued photo identification. We have strict measures in place to ensure that your personal information can only be seen and used by staff who need it to do their jobs. Any information that is sent to us for identification purposes is destroyed once we no longer require the information.
You can read about our Privacy Policy here: https://www.tpg.com.au/about/privacy 

Another way to update your payment method is to call our Billing Team at 13 14 23 options 3 and 1 or 1300 993 011. The office hours are from 8AM to 8PM SYD. 

Regards, 

Angeli

Womble2
Level 2
Thanks Angel.

The problem is that I have been told that I cannot update the details over the phone without the verification process.

That’s the problem. I’ve only spent an hour trying to sort it and they just repeated the same mantra.

Any ideas please how I can settle my account without having to send a selfie and a drivers licence for an existing customer of 18 years.

Thanks!.

Angeli

Hi @Womble2

Send me a private message with your TPG customer ID or username and I'll check on the other options for you. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli