TPG Community

Get online support

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

kadesign74
Level 2
Hi,

I have searched this forum and found you have posted a likely fix by resetting password.
I am reluctant to reset my password straight away as this service has so many dependencies on the password; NBN connection, emails, phone, etc.
I want to know why for the past 5 years or more I have not had a problem with this and now all of a sudden I do!
Last Thursday I recieved the message and changed my authenticated SMTP port from 25 to 587. This rectified the issue for a couple of days now I am getting the error again.
Please tell me why... before I going changing my password then trying to re-establigh all the dependent services attached to that password!
It seem to be a hot topic and I am not the only one. My guess is TPG have a new spam filtering protocol setup which is a bit too sensitive. I changed ports and it filtered me out within a couple of days... I want to be sure that if I change password it won’t just filter me out again.

Can a moderator please advise?

Regards, Kade.
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @kadesign74 ,

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd love to help and get to the bottom of this. Shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) and I will raise this with our Postmaster for investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@kadesign74 wrote:
Hi,

I have searched this forum and found you have posted a likely fix by resetting password.
I am reluctant to reset my password straight away as this service has so many dependencies on the password; NBN connection, emails, phone, etc.
I want to know why for the past 5 years or more I have not had a problem with this and now all of a sudden I do!
Last Thursday I recieved the message and changed my authenticated SMTP port from 25 to 587. This rectified the issue for a couple of days now I am getting the error again.
Please tell me why... before I going changing my password then trying to re-establigh all the dependent services attached to that password!
It seem to be a hot topic and I am not the only one. My guess is TPG have a new spam filtering protocol setup which is a bit too sensitive. I changed ports and it filtered me out within a couple of days... I want to be sure that if I change password it won’t just filter me out again.

Can a moderator please advise?

Regards, Kade.