TPG Community

Get online support

Connectivity / Speed issues NBN

NSW2574
Level 3

Hi,

I've been increasingly having an issue with the NBN connection to my home. (see picture below)

The connection doesn't appear to drop completely but the useful bandwidth drops to a few kilobytes and it does this, on and off, all day. My wife is trying to work from home and this has become unaceptable.

Additionally the speeds from this connection have been gradually getting worse and based off the last visit from an NBN tech (who was knowledgable and genuinely helpful), I may need a taller aerial stand and a "retune".

I'd appreciate someone looking into this for me please.

Regards,

Eric

20220915_082322[1].jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

We got you, @NSW2574

Let us help check what causing this speed issues and get to the bottom of this. For testing purposes could you perform a speed test using a desktop or mobile and post the test result on this thread.

Also, shoot us a PM with your details to proceed with the initial investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,

I've beening increasingly having an issue with the NBN connection to my home. (see picture below)

The connection doesn't appear to drop completely but the useful bandwidth drops to a few kilobytes and it does this, on and off, all day. My wife trying to work from home and this has become unaceptable.

Additionally the speeds from this connection have been gradually getting worse and based off the last visit from an NBN tech (who was knowledgable and genuinely helpful), I may need a taller aerial stand and a "retune".

I'd appreciate someone looking into this for me please.

Regards,

Eric

NSW2574
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Please see attached.

Untitled.png

To add a little more detail to my initial post, when there is a connection, the ODU light will turn green (sometimes red, but amber on a regular basis) and then only two amber lights under the ")" and "))" respectively.

Regards,

Eric

Shane

Hi @NSW2574,

We responded to your PM and awaiting your response. Are you still having issues with the connection? If so, we will arrange a call from one of our Technicians for real-time test and investigation. Shoot us a PM or reply to my message with your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

Hi Shane,

Please see attached.

Untitled.png

To add a little more detail to my initial post, when there is a connection, the ODU light will turn green (sometimes red, but amber on a regular basis) and then only two amber lights under the ")" and "))" respectively.

Regards,

Eric