TPG Community

Get online support

Continue email account until transfer to The Messaging Company

bfindlay
Level 2

Summary of problem:

• TPG removed the option of moving to a TPG email only account.  The stated reason was that this was due to the TPG email service being transferred to The Messaging Company.
  • We have opted in to transfer the email accounts to The Messaging Company.  The transfer was to occur in mid October but apparently is yet to take place.
  • We have today received notification from TPG that our account is to be cancelled due to an NBN Cancellation Request.  (The circumstances that led to this are set out in the details below)
  • On calling TPG, over a couple of hours I determined that:
  1. The NBN cancellation of our account was automatic.
  2. Upon cancellation our email accounts would be automatically cancelled and consequently:
    1. cannot be reinstated, and
    2. would not be transferred to The Messaging Company.
  3. TPG stated that there was nothing that could be done to intervene in this process.
  4. There were no other options for continuation of the service until transfer to The Messaging Company.

Detail:

We have been TPG internet customers continuously since 2002 and have two email accounts hosted by TPG.  In August this year we moved from the property we were renting to a rural area.  After some research I chose to go with Starlink as the internet service provider in the new location due to TPG being unable to offer a comparable service.

I attempted to activate the TPG email only service (which used to be $27.50 per annum for each email account). That option was no longer available for the stated reason that TPG was migrating emails to the Messaging Company.  I recall that the transfer was to take place mid October.

As the property we had been renting was vacant and being prepared to place on the market, and having no other option, we elected to continue the TPG account until transfer to The Messaging Company took place in the reasonable expectation that transfer to The Messaging Company would occur before sale and transfer of the previously rented property to new owners.

I reiterate, the option to transfer to an email only service was NOT available at the time of our move.

We have not received any notification that our email service has been transferred to The Messaging Company and as far as I can tell, no transfer has taken place.

As it transpired, the previously rented property sold quickly and settled on 14 November.  We received notice from TPG on 22 November that an NBN cancellation request had been received and as a result our account will be cancelled.

I called the TPG help line to see what could be done to carry over our email service.  Over a couple of hours I determined:

1. The NBN cancellation of our account was automatic.
  2. Upon cancellation our email accounts would be automatically cancelled and consequently:
    1. cannot be reinstated, and
    2. would not be transferred to The Messaging Company.
  3. TPG stated that there was nothing that could be done to intervene in this process.
  4. There were no other options for continuation of the service until transfer to The Messaging Company.

I expect to have to pay for continuation of the service.  There will be a way to intervene.  Who can help?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @bfindlay,

Let us help understand what caused the cancellation of the NBN service and see how we can help.

First, we'll grab your details. Could you flick me a message?

How to send a PM?

On the other hand, you will receive an email from The Messaging Company to confirm that your transfer is complete.

Thanks,