TPG Community

Get online support

Continuing Faulty Internet Ref 10359197

shakie2402
Level 2

Hi TPG, Jericho,

I reported a fault on the 18th March Ticket 10358457. I received a text message on on Friday the 20th March to say the line was repaired. i didnt recieve a call or and indication as to what the fault is. 

The internet has not been repaired !! It is still off line.

I managed to escalate this as a complaint and received an email from Jericho (customer_relations@tpg.com.au) to say he was my case manager and can see that my ticket was resolved. 

I have responded to Jericho with 3 emails and i have not received a response.

The email is as follows:-

Sent: Tuesday, 24 March 2020, 17:30
To: Customer Relations
Subject: Re: TPG Customer Relations | Customer ID *****23

Hi Jericho 

Thank you for your email. I appreciate the time taken in these busy times.

In regard to the service being restored I can assure you that the service is off and not restored.

I can also confirm I've spoken with TPG customers on the NBN in this area and they also had an outage at the same time. It's unlikely to be a telstra issue as TPG wholesale the cables not the core network.

Having said that can you supply me with the details of the outage?

My service with TPG has gone off multiple times in 24 months and whilst I know it is not protected against faults and inclement weather conditions I do know technicians steal pairs and the fault is reoccurring.

I request three things

1. Fix the current and existing fault of no internet. 
  2. Ensure the technicians stop stealing pairs in the cable and that TPG request Telstra to upgrade the cable. 
  3. Can you check my account and supply me with a full report of faults in the last 24months and their specific fault resolution codes.

I hope TPG can come to the table on this so that I do not have to escalate it to a TIO complaint.

Cheers

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

We are sorry to know about this and we apologise for the inconvenience this issue has caused you, @shakie2402,

We had a look at your account and we can see that this has been reescalated to our Engineering Team and the Complaints Resolution Case Manager has been in touch.

We have checked the status of your connection and it shows up and running now.

Should you experience the same issue again, we recommend to check if there's an outage first by going to our Service Status page.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

shakie2402
Level 2

Good Afternoon,

My ADSL service was not restored or attempted to be restored. My internet service is now up and running after switching to NBN FTTN from ADSL.

My ADSL line and service from TPG had multiple disconnections throughout its life at my current address. I would like to escalate this complaint and TPG supply me a full report and fault assurance ticket codes over the life of connection and faults at this address.

It is TPG’s responsibility under the Telecommunications Act 1997 to maintain records on each customers service so pulling a report from a system won’t be a problem.

Kind Regards,

Ian