DNS Servers

adslynd8
Level 2

I am experiencing issues getting to somewebsites, but not all. We are on NBN (FTTN) I believe. I have our router (Archer 1600v v1) configured to use 203.12.160.35 and 203.12.160.36 as primary and secondary DNS Servers and have had no issues till yesterday. Our network adapters are set to for automatic IP address assignment and to get DNS Servers from the router. I've changed one machine to use Google DNS Server addresses (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and that has seemed to resolve the issue for this machine.  I believe our router has the most current firmware.

Could you please advise whether there is an issue with your DNS Servers or whether there is a problem at our end, and if so, where I should look

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
peter_k

Welcome to TPG Community,

Could you PM (Private message) me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so I can check the status here.

Could you also send me some examples of Websites that are not resolving using the TPG DNS Servers.

To learn how to send a private message, click here.  

Regards,
Peter

capodici
Level 2

I also have the same issue. For example slack.com doesn't resolve google.com does. Verified on 2 devices (iphone X and Windows 10 PC). It has been this way for a couple of weeks. I need to use 1.1.1.1 or similar as my DNS to resolve this which is annoying.

Riezl

Hi @capodici , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and look into this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community