TPG Community

Get online support

DSL lamp on NDC flashes rain

voonwong1
Level 2
Everytime there are consecutive days of rain, the internet access starts to slow after 2nd day of rain and on the third day ths DSL Lamp on my NDC starts to flash and I lose internet completely. Mine is an FTTC NBN connection. I can see from other queries raised in this forum that it could be flooded pits or a dodgy copper connection from the fibre concentrator in the pit up to the phone jack in my house. Please help to resolve as changing ISPs, modems, and NDCs has not helped.
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @voonwong1,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raisin this to us, we're sad to know that you're having issues with the service. We'd like to confirm the troubleshooting you already performed. 

To better understand the situation and status of the connection, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Everytime there are consecutive days of rain, the internet access starts to slow after 2nd day of rain and on the third day ths DSL Lamp on my NDC starts to flash and I lose internet completely. Mine is an FTTC NBN connection. I can see from other queries raised in this forum that it could be flooded pits or a dodgy copper connection from the fibre concentrator in the pit up to the phone jack in my house. Please help to resolve as changing ISPs, modems, and NDCs has not helped.
voonwong1
Level 2
No need. As suspected in my case my TPG account is tied and locked, or takes heaps less time to synch when I connect with the TPG supplier TP Link NBN modem. I have 2 other TP Link FTTC NBN modems of my own that I bought over the counter and independent of any ISP and none of them "synch" at all to give me TPG internet access even after waiting for 4 X 30mins prescribed in the TPG NBN modem paperwork. Buuuuut as soon as I hook the TPG NBN modem up to my NDC, my problem goes away immediately... .for now... So we've had 2 days of rain now since I have connected the TPG NBN router and no problems whatsoever. I will try again with my other TP Link FTTC modems after the 6 months locked in period with TPG for my current NBN internet and data contract. If it works I will spread the word to others recommending using TPG modem for the locked in term but free to use any other NBN type compatible modem after. If it does not work then I will say that it is pretty annoying and have a think about what I should do there in terms of recommending to TPG about not locking TPG accounts to TPG supplied modems.
Shane

Hi @voonwong1,

Thanks for the additional details. Our NBN services is not locked with our supplied modem, our customers have the option to use a 3rd party modem/router however the VoIP will only work using our supplied equipment.

The dropouts from the 3rd party modem/router could be caused by the incorrect settings. 

Here is a thread that you may find helpful, Third Party Router for NBN FTTC.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

No need. As suspected in my case my TPG account is tied and locked, or takes heaps less time to synch when I connect with the TPG supplier TP Link NBN modem. I have 2 other TP Link FTTC NBN modems of my own that I bought over the counter and independent of any ISP and none of them "synch" at all to give me TPG internet access even after waiting for 4 X 30mins prescribed in the TPG NBN modem paperwork. Buuuuut as soon as I hook the TPG NBN modem up to my NDC, my problem goes away immediately... .for now... So we've had 2 days of rain now since I have connected the TPG NBN router and no problems whatsoever. I will try again with my other TP Link FTTC modems after the 6 months locked in period with TPG for my current NBN internet and data contract. If it works I will spread the word to others recommending using TPG modem for the locked in term but free to use any other NBN type compatible modem after. If it does not work then I will say that it is pretty annoying and have a think about what I should do there in terms of recommending to TPG about not locking TPG accounts to TPG supplied modems.