Debit card update

stoyanov1234
Level 2

Hi,

I attempted to update my debit card details several times but had no success:

- I followed all the usual steps (My account- Update Contact & Payment Details - Update/Enter Credit Card Details).

- After I hit the "update details now" button, the page redirects me to a blank page. This works the same way on different browsers (Chrome and Edge), both on my personal computer and at my workstation.

- I called support twice, and entered the debit card details on my phone, there was a confirmation by TPG that there was a success, and then I received an automated message from TPG that the debit was unsuccessful. The second time I called, they could not connect me to the credit card detail entry system at all (the automated female voice one).

- Just to make it clear, this is the debit card I use for all my daily transactions, and I pay my TPG phone with it (it's under a different account). there is money there. The previous one was connected to the same CBA account but expired this month and CBA sent me a new card.

- I tried entering my Westpac card at the TPG cyberstore (My account- Update Contact & Payment Details - Update/Enter Credit Card Details). Again, I received the same message - the debit was unsuccessful. there is money in this card as well, and it works everywhere else.

- I have already been offered direct debit but I want to use my debit card for recurring payments.

My question is, what is going on? Is this a way to force users to use direct debit, or there are issues with the backend or perhaps issues with the banks?

Let me know if you have had a similar experience and if it was solved.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @stoyanov1234 ,

Good day! Let us help coordinate this with our accounts team to help us identify what caused the failure to update the payment details on file and help us rectify this ASAP. Could you send us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,

I attempted to update my debit card details several times but had no success:

- I followed all the usual steps (My account- Update Contact & Payment Details - Update/Enter Credit Card Details).

- After I hit the "update details now" button, the page redirects me to a blank page. This works the same way on different browsers (Chrome and Edge), both on my personal computer and at my workstation.

- I called support twice, and entered the debit card details on my phone, there was a confirmation by TPG that there was a success, and then I received an automated message from TPG that the debit was unsuccessful. The second time I called, they could not connect me to the credit card detail entry system at all (the automated female voice one).

- Just to make it clear, this is the debit card I use for all my daily transactions, and I pay my TPG phone with it (it's under a different account). there is money there. The previous one was connected to the same CBA account but expired this month and CBA sent me a new card.

- I tried entering my Westpac card at the TPG cyberstore (My account- Update Contact & Payment Details - Update/Enter Credit Card Details). Again, I received the same message - the debit was unsuccessful. there is money in this card as well, and it works everywhere else.

- I have already been offered direct debit but I want to use my debit card for recurring payments.

My question is, what is going on? Is this a way to force users to use direct debit, or there are issues with the backend or perhaps issues with the banks?

Let me know if you have had a similar experience and if it was solved.