TPG Community

Get online support

Delays in connecting some premises to the nbn™ HFC network

Joseph_D

TPG has recently been made aware of a global equipment shortage impacting NBN Co’s supply of NBN connection boxes needed to install  'Hybrid Fibre-Coaxial' (also known as HFC for short) NBN services.

The impact of this equipment shortage is that some installation time frames are being extended by NBN Co to ensure that they have the NBN connection boxes on hand which are necessary to complete the installation of services.

This equipment shortage will cause activation delays to all Internet Service Providers who rely on the NBN HFC infrastructure to deliver their service. No other NBN technologies are impacted by this equipment shortage.

Please be assured that TPG is working closely with NBN Co to secure the first appointment available. The TPG Service Delivery team will be proactively updating our customers who may be affected by delays. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

NBN Co's webpage and a statement about the equipment delay can be found by visiting https://www.nbnco.com.au/utility/global-supply-shortage-impacting-nbn-HFC-connections 

How to check if your NBN service installation is affected?

You can determine if you have ordered an NBN service using HFC technology by checking the NBN Co website and entering your physical address.

The below information on the NBN Co website highlights the technology present at your premises.

123.jpg

Rescheduling your NBN installation

For help about how to check your scheduled installation date or to reschedule your current appointment date, please visit this Community Article: Check or Reschedule Your TPG Installation via tpg.com.au/install 

88 REPLIES 88
Danielgodson
Level 2
Currently I am scheduled to have hfc box installed on March 22nd. Is this still correct? Also is there any alternative internet options we can opt for in the meantime as having no internet during these working from home times is causing critical issues with livelihood.
Krystallin21
Level 2
I'm in the same situation, scheduled for the 18th of March, hope there's something TPG can do to get those affected some internet until NBN can supply the boxes. Good luck with it though.
Lizzyclyne
Level 2
We actually had a technician come and install ours on Friday so along with the modem have the infrastructure for the internet to be working. Apparently TPG have no notice of a technician coming to our property yet i received text messages and have spoken to the technician on site via his personal mobile to confirm that he had correctly installed and at his end the due process was followed. TPG refuse to accept this and I have now been waiting 5 days for them to get in touch with NBN to confirm installation. We Still have no internet, NBN believe the modem is locked. TPG deny this. No one is prepared to help us access an efficient service yet we have all the necessary infrastructure in place for the service to be working!!
As a teacher in this COVID period I am returning to work tomorrow and need to somehow provide an essential service to my students from home with no internet!!!!! But apparently according to TPG who promised a 10 day service delivery, our appointment is scheduled for the 11/3 with a technician even though a technician was at my property last Friday to install necessary devices. It has a Fair trading complaint written all over it!!!
yetanothertim
Level 2
I’m in a similar situation to Daniel except a technician is scheduled for 3rd of March. If there are going to be further delays I would like to find out what alternative internet service we could get in the mean time. E.g. ADSL 2 connection or wifi. Any connection is better than no connection for a couple of months.
elizabeths
Level 2
I am in the same situation as those waiting for a technician, mine is scheduled for the 1st of March.
I agree that there should be another alternative to connecting in the mean time (yes, like ADSL, ect.).
I also work from home and internet is essential! 6 weeks is a long time to wait for internet connection, if indeed it will even happen then??
Could someone from TPG please respond with alternative means of connecting?
Nickj
Level 3
Witting 4 months those people don’t know what they do
The running Felix unlimited internet 35$ per months but don’t offered to us when we are waiting nbn
Think is bad provider
ennevermonte14
Level 2

I am in the same position. I have not been provided with a timeframe of any kind for the installation of an NBN connection device.

Shane

Hi @Danielgodson ,

Welcome to the community!

We'd love to help and raise this to our NBN Provisioning Team. I was able to locate the account using your community details, please shoot me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time together with the service address on file. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@Danielgodson wrote:
Currently I am scheduled to have hfc box installed on March 22nd. Is this still correct? Also is there any alternative internet options we can opt for in the meantime as having no internet during these working from home times is causing critical issues with livelihood.

Shane

Hi @Lizzyclyne ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, I was able to locate the account using your community details and confirm that there was no NBN Technician appointment schedule for the service last Friday. We will treat this as a complaint and raise to one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager for further handling and assessment. Expect them to contact you within 24-48hrs via SMS, Phone call or Email using the contact details that we have on file. We apologise for any inconvenience, let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@Lizzyclyne wrote:
We actually had a technician come and install ours on Friday so along with the modem have the infrastructure for the internet to be working. Apparently TPG have no notice of a technician coming to our property yet i received text messages and have spoken to the technician on site via his personal mobile to confirm that he had correctly installed and at his end the due process was followed. TPG refuse to accept this and I have now been waiting 5 days for them to get in touch with NBN to confirm installation. We Still have no internet, NBN believe the modem is locked. TPG deny this. No one is prepared to help us access an efficient service yet we have all the necessary infrastructure in place for the service to be working!!
As a teacher in this COVID period I am returning to work tomorrow and need to somehow provide an essential service to my students from home with no internet!!!!! But apparently according to TPG who promised a 10 day service delivery, our appointment is scheduled for the 11/3 with a technician even though a technician was at my property last Friday to install necessary devices. It has a Fair trading complaint written all over it!!!