TPG Community

Get online support

Does TPG offer an integrated 4G backup

Umack
Level 4

I've just helped set up a friend's iiNet NBN connection.
They were provided with a TP-Link VX420-G2h router which included a Vodafone SIM card and 4G backup solution at no extra cost.

Since TPG also uses the VX420-G2h, do they offer an integrated 4G backup solution?

If they do, is it possible get a VX420-G2h (with SIM) to replace the Archer V1600v?

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @Umack,

We raised this to our Engineering Team to confirm if the 4G capability of our supplied TP-Link VX420-G2h can be used on TPG NBN/FTTP service as back up connection. We will get back to you as soon as update becomes available.

Regards,

I've just helped set up a friend's iiNet NBN connection.
They were provided with a TP-Link VX420-G2h router which included a Vodafone SIM card and 4G backup solution at no extra cost.

Since TPG also uses the VX420-G2h, do they offer an integrated 4G backup solution?

If they do, can we get a VX420-G2h to replace the Archer V1600v?

Umack
Level 4

Thank you.

If iiNet/Vodafone has it on that router, I wouldn't be surprised to find that it's possible, but it's a business decision as well. I guess the last word is that Telstra and Optus provide a 4G backup service, particulalrly for customers with flakey NBN connections.

Unless TPG has no customers with unreliable NBN, it might be a useful selling point.