TPG Community

Get online support

Don't access two post office e-mail account in one browser instance

MarRover2
Level 3

Hi all,

I have two post office TPG accounts as follows (they are make believe address names)

MainAddress@tpg.com.au

SecondAddress@tpg.com.au

I am using Google Chrome ver 106.0.5249.119 in Win8.1

I logged into MainAddress account in one tab and I log into SecondAddress account in another tab in the same browser instance. I checked the "Settings" of each tab to ensure it is listing the correct account name.

Then I pick the tab belonging to MainAddress account (the first log in) and press reload. The Settings in the MainAddress was replaced by that of the SecondAddress.

Likewise if I log into SecondAddress first and then MainAddress in the second tab and pressing the SecondAddress to reload, the settings is then replaced by that on the Main Address.

The only way I could have two addresses logged in without concern of reload is to have one account in each different browser - say Firefox and Chrome or Chrome with Brave.

Why is it like this?

Rover

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @MarRover2,

Google Chrome will not allow to log-in 2 different E-mail address at the post office unless one of the Google Chrome Tab is on incognito mode. 

How to Open Google Chrome on Incognito? 

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More and then New Incognito Window.
  3. A new window appears. In the top corner, check for the Incognito icon Incognito.

You can also use a keyboard shortcut to open an Incognito window:

• Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.
  • Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n.

Source

The other option is to use a different browser to access the 2nd TPG inbox.

Let us know how it will go and should you require more assistance..

Regards,

Hi all,

I have two post office TPG accounts as follows (they are make believe address names)

MainAddress@tpg.com.au

SecondAddress@tpg.com.au

I am using Google Chrome ver 106.0.5249.119 in Win8.1

I logged into MainAddress account in one tab and I log into SecondAddress account in another tab in the same browser instance. I checked the "Settings" of each tab to ensure it is listing the correct account name.

Then I pick the tab belonging to MainAddress account (the first log in) and press reload. The Settings in the MainAddress was replaced by that of the SecondAddress.

Likewise if I log into SecondAddress first and then MainAddress in the second tab and pressing the SecondAddress to reload, the settings is then replaced by that on the Main Address.

The only way I could have two addresses logged in without concern of reload is to have one account in each different browser - say Firefox and Chrome or Chrome with Brave.

Why is it like this?

Rover

MarRover2
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Sorry to disappoint you, all my browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Brave in Windows and Ubuntu) all are launched into Incognito (Chrome & Brave) or Private Windows mode.

Hence every tabs are running in Incognito - would anyone wanting to run it other ways?

There is no problem with signing into two accounts only tpg web site seems come up with this strange behaviour.

Rover.

Shane

Appreciate the additional details, @MarRover2.

We will also include this to the report with our Postmaster to clarify if our Post Office will not allow us to log-in 2 different TPG email at the same browser.

Regards,

Hi Shane,

Sorry to disappoint you, all my browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Brave in Windows and Ubuntu) all are launched into Incognito (Chrome & Brave) or Private Windows mode.

Hence every tabs are running in Incognito - would anyone wanting to run it other ways?

There is no problem with signing into two accounts only tpg web site seems come up with this strange behaviour.

Rover.