TPG Community

Get online support

Email Migration - Aliases

owenjames
Level 2

With the migration to The Messaging Company, can you advise as to how email aliases will be handled. Will these be included and continue to be able to be used.

5 REPLIES 5
Looking4Answers
Level 3

I have the same question.

I have multiple Aliases that I use frequently and want to know how they will be handled.

I am not happy about the abrupt short notice given for this change, and there is NO support contact of any kind on the messaging company website.  This whole thing is very very disruptive.  

gary2010
Level 2

I've just phoned the TPG helpline with that same question and was told they don't yet have an answer. I pointed out that this is a very important question because many people will have used their email aliases as their Username when creating all manner of online accounts eg, with health funds, banks, facebook, Netflix, MyGov and Medicare,  etc etc etc. The list goes on and on. 

This needs to be sorted out promptly, together with the question of will we have to pay seperately for our core email as well as each alias.

Is there a Moderator out there who can help?

brentons152
Level 3

Hi gary2010,

You should be horrified about the privacy implication of this - I am, and won't be moving.

Please read This: An open letter to all TPG users about Email Migration.

The moderators can't help. They are decent people although I don't think they even understand the real implications of this. Besides all of their tools were taken away from them before any of this became known.

Very very scary stuff.

Angeli

Hi, 

When you transfer your TPG main email, any email aliases will transfer too. If you have a slave email which has its own inbox, you will need to register it separately.

Regards, 

Angeli

chriscutter
Level 3

I received this email respose today......

Subject: Re: email aliases being moved over
Date: 07-08-2023 01:10 PM

Hi, 

When you transfer your TPG main email, any email aliases will transfer too. If you have a slave email which has its own inbox, you will need to register it separately.

Regards, 

Angeli