FTTN dropouts

chatswood
Level 3

After the issues with speeds I am now suffering from the infamous connection dropouts. Over the last 2 weeks I have had numerous multiple dropouts. What now

41 REPLIES 41
Shane

Hi @chatswood,

I run initial test on your connection and your service is connected for 2d 5h 11m.

I'd like to know on which device(s) you experience drop-out connection.

Regards,

chatswood
Level 3

Sorry I've been away. All devices are connected to the modem by wifi. When we lose connection all devices drop out. Possibly it could be a wifi issue with the modem

Shane

Hi @chatswood,

Thanks for the additional details. Feel free to check this thread and see if this will help improve your wireless connection.

Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

chatswood
Level 3

we have one device connected by cable to the modem. this drops out at the same time. Also our upload has gotten progressivly worse. Down from 2 mbps to .5-.6 mbps

Shane

Thanks for the details @chatswood,

I'd like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

Let me know your best contact time and I will use the contact number associated with your account.

Cheers!

chatswood
Level 3

hi ShaneA,

I have just managed to perform a modem reboot from the homepage & the upload speed is back up to 2 mbps. I will see how it goes.

Once again thanks for your assistance

Shane

Hi @chatswood,

I am glad to know that. In case you will experience connection problem do not hesitate to post on this thread for additional details.

Cheers!

chatswood
Level 3
I have now been told that there is planned maintanence taking place that wasn’t flagged & it will not be resolved until 2000. Every device loses connection. The internet light on the modem just flashes. I have rebooted a million times & changed out the cables. My call to support dropped out & they did not ring back. Over 4 hrs now
Riezl

Hi @chatswood, NBN Co. has advised us that they are currently performing a network capacity work. This activity is being performed to optimise the serviceability and performance of the Fibre to the Node Network.

We're sorry to know that you are unable to receive a callback and we'll make sure to take care of this matter internally.

We also apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you. As advised, this network improvement is scheduled to be completed today at 20:00 AEDT.

Please check the connection after 8PM AEDT and if the issue persists, please let us know so we can investigate further.