TPG Community

Get online support

FTTP Dropouts - LCP down

fttmodem
Level 2

Hi TPG, I have been experiencing dropouts on my FTTP connection. I have had TPG FTTP since mid 2015 and apart from the occasional afternoon congestion, it has worked fine.

I do not use my original TPG modem as it was damaged up by lightening in March this year (the NTD was also replaced). Since March I have used the TP-Link Archer C20 without any issues, it also has the latest firmware.

Starting this week the internet has been dropping out every 24 hours to a couple minutes, often in bursts of 15 minutes or so. My Modem has logged the dropouts as one of the following: "PPP: ppp2 Timeout waiting for PADO packets" or "PPP: ppp2 LCP down"

Can you please check my connection from your end before I buy a new modem or change ISP Smiley Very Happy Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @fttmodem,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We're sorry to know that you are having issues with the connection and we'd like to help get to the bottom of this.

We have located the account using your community details.

We have checked the status of your connection and we can see that there are dropouts recorded on our system yesterday, but it appears to be okay at the moment.

May we know if the issue is time specific?

fttmodem
Level 2

I do not think its time specific, from memory it has occured 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, Midnight.... and after checking the log today it looks like it went down once at 5am this morning (see below). It is anoying when it goes down so it would be good to a resolution on this.

12018-10-26 05:19:06PPPErrorppp2
22018-10-26 05:19:06PPPErrorppp2 Timeout waiting for PADO packets
32018-10-26 05:18:28PPPErrorppp2
42018-10-26 05:18:21PPPErrorppp2 LCP down
52018-10-26 05:18:21PPPErrorppp2 User request
Shane

Hi @fttmodem,

Thanks for the additional details,

We’d really like to have a better understanding of what’s happening with your service and see what can be done to get your connection up and running as it should be.

PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

In case you need a reference: How to send a Private Message.

Cheers!

Riezl

Hi @fttmodem, our Technical Team tried to contact you, but to no avail.

We've checked the status of your connection and it appears that it is still dropping out.

Please provide us your next availability so we can advise the team to process a callback.

fttmodem
Level 2

An update so others know, TPG contacted me and notified that they had put my connection on a stability profile. I still get the same download and upload speeds which is good. No dropouts in the last 24 hours so fingers crossed. Thanks TPG.

Erika

Hi @fttmodem

Thanks for updating us! 

Should you need further assistance, feel free to bump up this thread. 

Cheers!