TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent Drop Out even after tested by NBN and TPG

venkat86
Level 2

Hi,

I had frequent internet drop out in the month of Jan. I requested for technical support. TPG sent NBN guy to check the connection at my premise and the guy did all the check and didn't find any major issues. But added a small component to reduce the spike. It was sort of alright for the next few days but again the drop out started to occur. I didn't raise an issue with TPG as it was sort of manageable to wait for wait mins twice a day. But in the last two days after I started working from home I realised how often this happens. It interrupts my work and I am not sure what else I can do. I can't call TPG as only online chat is available. And, whenver I try to initiate a chat the webpage asks me to initiate the chat at a later time. 

What are the options available for me to fix the issue?

Your input will be highly appreciated. 

Regards,

Venkat

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @venkat86,

There are different caused of dropouts that you may experience.

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
  2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
  3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection we did an article that you may find helpful see links below.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

In this particular case, we've seen that there has been an issue with NBN network affecting the service not to work,  this has been escalated to our Engineering Team further updates will be provided via SMS/Phone call or email.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Cheers!

venkat86
Level 2

Thanks Shane. i did raise a ticket and had NBN person inspected my connections on Monday. He changed the attenuator to 6db. But it still didn't fix the issue. The NBN black box lights turn off whenever the internet drops. So my understanding is the issue is with NBN node.