TPG Community

Get online support

Home wireless modem - cannot connect default gateway ramdomly

hericoff
Level 2

I am using home wireless broadband service through voddafone hub 2.0 device.

I cannot connect internet service ramdonly, so I need to keep power cycle everyday to wake up frozen modem since the first day of service(2 weeks)

• I connected locally to modem via ehernet port to have a look if the modem looks frozen. I could not ping  to default gateway (192.168.1.1). 
  • PC network diagnose said "DNS server not responding", so tried to chance to public dns service(like 1.1.1.1) but to no avail. still need to reboot everyday to use internet.

Thank you for any advice.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @hericoff ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, I would love to help arrange one of our Technicians for investigation and assessment with the Home Wireless Broadband connection, please drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@hericoff wrote:

I am using home wireless broadband service through voddafone hub 2.0 device.

I cannot connect internet service ramdonly, so I need to keep power cycle everyday to wake up frozen modem since the first day of service(2 weeks)

• I connected locally to modem via ehernet port to have a look if the modem looks frozen. I could not ping  to default gateway (192.168.1.1). 
  • PC network diagnose said "DNS server not responding", so tried to chance to public dns service(like 1.1.1.1) but to no avail. still need to reboot everyday to use internet.

Thank you for any advice.