TPG Community

Get online support

Incorrect Usage being recorded

SOLVED Go to solution
Caldwell39
Level 2

Hi, My Mother has a new NBN connection and your usage statistics have them uploading hundreds of megabytes of data over a 35 hour period in one day. One day only has 24 hours in it. They only turn their computer on when they use it and never went close to using their 5GB data on their previous plan with Optus. As a result, the speed has been throttled. Despite the internet being unusable, you still record large amounts of download and upload data. We have contacted with you a number of times to have this addressed and been promised a callback but that has not happened. Your solution was to change to an unlimited plan but apparently this has been delayed. 

The complaint number is 594579. A complaint has been lodged with the ombudsmen. 

Please remove the throttling until your error is corrected. We will need a refund for the days that the internet has been unusable. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RajenS

Hi Patric
What you see This all computer-generated records.
TPG never had these sensitive issues.

Also, modern devices very different.
Some examples for you
if you got iPhone or android, they sync back to the clouds,
if u going to reset your phone, it will back up to cloud-first,
possible some visitors used their data too,
always change your wifi password, do not keep it on default (someone can misuse it)
if someone working from home over VPN, it uses lots of uploads to sync laptop back to office clouds

that's why our engineers are monitoring your data flow 24/7

As I mentioned in my previous message, an engineer will call you soon,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RajenS

HI Caldwell39, 

Welcome to TPG Community!

Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so i can look at your service

Caldwell39
Level 2

Thanks Rajan,

I have sent you a message.

Pat

RajenS

Hi Caldwell39

I checked your details, and our technical department already started investigating your case, 

also I can see you upgrading your plan as well, 

I PM your ticket Number, someone will get touch with you within 48 hours 

Thanks 

Rajen 

Caldwell39
Level 2

Hi Rajan,

We've already been told we would get a callback and have not received one. Also, my parents were forced into upgrading because of the error in the recording of usage. We just want the throttling corrected as this is due to TPG's error.. Is there nothing else you can do?

Patrick

RajenS

Hi Patrick, 

due to corona-virus pandemic, we  are working hard to solve as much we can, 

Thanks 

Rajen 

Caldwell39
Level 2

Hi Rajan,

My parents received a call and were told too bad. Despite your record of data use being ridiculous they somehow still continue to use up to half a gigabyte of data per day, without using their computer AND WITH THEIR USAGE THROTTLED. Does that make any sense to you at all?

So that's it, Too bad. Your company is cheating an 80 and an 82 year old. 

Is there something sensible that can be done?

Caldwell39
Level 2

Rajan,

In the data usage, what do the IP addresses refer to? File attached?

RajenS

Hi Patric
What you see This all computer-generated records.
TPG never had these sensitive issues.

Also, modern devices very different.
Some examples for you
if you got iPhone or android, they sync back to the clouds,
if u going to reset your phone, it will back up to cloud-first,
possible some visitors used their data too,
always change your wifi password, do not keep it on default (someone can misuse it)
if someone working from home over VPN, it uses lots of uploads to sync laptop back to office clouds

that's why our engineers are monitoring your data flow 24/7

As I mentioned in my previous message, an engineer will call you soon,