TPG Community

Get online support

Internet and phone drop out

PM2902
Level 2

Hi:

After been connected to NBN for 18 months with no problems at all, internet and phone start dropping out intermittently.

After calling technical support, NPN modem was replaced, as well as WiFi moden for a new TP Link model.

Service worked for 24 hrs and problem came back again, yesterday. I have done the basic troubleshooting, no success. This problem has been going on for 2 and a half weeks already.

Call technical servie again, and they promise an answer in 24 hrs.

Any tips of what can do in the mean time?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @PM2902,

Welcome to the community!

We would love to help and see what happened on your connection or on the escalated fault. We tried to use your community details to pull up the account but no match.

To better understand the situation, feel free to PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Shane

Hi @PM2902,

Thanks for sending me your details. We're able to locate your account and seen that this issue has been raised to our Engineering Team due to a possible line fault. Initial assessment by our Team shows a faulty lead-in insulator on NBN Co's line.

We'd like to arrange an NBN Technician visit to your premises to fix the line and the earliest schedule visit 15 Feb 2019 8am-12pm. Let us know if you're available on the time, to confirm simply reply to the SMS we've sent.

We'll chase this up with our Engineering Team and keep an eye on this. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and further updates will be provided by our Engineering Team via SMS or Phone call.

Let us know should you require further assistance.