TPG Community

Get online support

Internet constantly dropping out - ADSL

readyman
Level 2

I have noticed that the ADSL is now unusable due to drop outs.

Drop outs are more frequent during non-peak hours, when I expect everyone else is asleep. I have tried 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am and all scenarios have drop outs. The load is not high either, I'm just trying to blog, catch up on emails or have a read of some articles.

Note: TPG ADSL is notably slower than my mobile connection using my phone - which is also frustrating.

I have previously had technicians fix the line speed a little, but they haven't been able to do anything about the drop outs.

I'm intrigued, can you please explain why there are drop outs in the first place? I've had bad lines on mobile, but I've never had a mobile phone call just 'drop out', so I'm not sure why ADSL does this?

Also, what is the accepted path to get service for this type of issue? It's annoying to pay for a service that clearly doesn't work. It's embarrassing that I have to switch to my mobile phone in order to complete work. I should be able to rely on my home wifi, but I have no confidence in TPG right now and everytime I try the wifi, it drops out in the middle of something.

FYI: I'm currently connected on my mobile which is not with TPG.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @readyman 

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd like to clarify on which particular device(s) you experience getting drop outs and slow connection.

Note: Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

We did an article that you may find helpfu please see the links below.

We tried to use your Community Details to pull up the account unfortunately it does no show any matching records on file. To better understand the situation, we'd like to get your account detials  (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!