TPG Community

Get online support

Internet keeps dropping out

philcoal
Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I was on ADSL 2+ for years and whilst the speed wasn't great (~2-3 Mbps) it was stable and reliable.  But with working from home and also kids using using the internet for school, I thought it was time to change over to the NBN HFC on their basic NBN12 plan. Every since, we get multiple drop outs per day.  I raised a ticket and TPG changed me to an NBN25 plan which doesn't exist in their plan offerings but it apparently offers better uploads which I was told was needed for video conferencing.  The drop outs are still happening, even when I'm the only user with little upload/download usage.

I did some googling and it seems to be a common problem.

The modem is the TPG supplied Archer VR1600v. 
I've raised another ticket with TPG 10481488.  The previous ticket was 10453387.
These dropouts are causing serious issues with business, work and school.  Any suggestions on the way forward?
Thanks....

6 REPLIES 6
luisc

Hi philcoal

We had received your request lodged by TPG app.

I will review your case, and back to you shortly

Thanks

luisc

Hi  philcoal,

My records shows that your service is overusing the capacity of the service NBN HFC 25/5Mbps.

I am wondering if you have any applicacion (video call or streaming games) that may affect the upload (5Mbps).

Could you advice if the issue happens at night also.

Thanks

philcoal
Level 2

Hi luisc,

No gaming but we do use Google Meets/Zoom from time to time.  But there doesn't seem to be any correlation between the drop outs and the use of these apps.  For example, I was the only user in the last hour and the internet dropped out.  The messages in the system log are:

PPP                          Error                              ppp3

PPP                          Error                              ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets

luisc

I would like to you to check:

Power adaptor 12Vdc 2A

How many lights are green on the NTD (NBN black box) when you have that drop out.

I am contacting support team to monitor your service, but that information is also required,

Thanks

philcoal
Level 2

Both power supplies are 12V 2A.

The internet light on the Archer VR1600v is offIMAG31092.jpg

luisc

Thanks,

We have update this to our NBN team, we will advice you for any update for this fault.

Thanks