For the past couple of months i have noticed the internet appears very slow. Closer monitoring it seems as though the connection is actually dropping out and then is normal speed again.
I have removed all other devices from the modem and rebooted / factory restarted numerous times and although it appears to work initially, within 10 minutes it is repeating the cycle. I have also replaced the etherned cable and checked the nbn cable is firmly screwed in. modem is an archer vr1600v and although i have looked for a firmware update, i can only find reference guides on the tpg site. I have been running the tpg speedtest frequently with interesting results, on certain runs it gives a stable outbound connection of 47.3 Mbps but you can clearly see when the connection is interrupted as the speed steps down to zero or reports the server can't be reached.