TPG Community

Get online support

Mac and my iPhone can't connect to the internet during off peak hours.

Joe888
Level 2

My Mac and my iPhone can't connect to the internet during off peak hours. My PC laptop has no such problem. The internet shows up as connected (on all devices) but on the Mac & the iPhone they act as though not connected, Safari & Mail can't do anything. Safari shows "can't find (such and such) server" for all web sites (I tried about half a dozen) and Mail can't make any connections. I've just recently installed the NBN but this was happening to me while I was on ADSL2+ as well. Just to repeat, it's only my Apple devices and only during off peak hours.

3 REPLIES 3
Joe888
Level 2

@Joe888 wrote:

My Mac and my iPhone can't connect to the internet during off peak hours. My PC laptop has no such problem. The internet shows up as connected (on all devices) but on the Mac & the iPhone they act as though not connected, Safari & Mail can't do anything. Safari shows "can't find (such and such) server" for all web sites (I tried about half a dozen) and Mail can't make any connections. I've just recently installed the NBN but this was happening to me while I was on ADSL2+ as well. Just to repeat, it's only my Apple devices and only during off peak hours.

Further to what I said, I had no problem connecting the Apple products to the internet in off peak hours up until about a month ago, so it may have something to do with the latest Apple OSs updates. Perhaps I should be asking this in the Apple forums.

cheungct76
Level 2

I experienced the same problem. Mac and iphone couldn't connect to outlook but PC was ok. Please help

Joe888
Level 2

My problem has been fixed, so I don't know whether TPG changed something at their end or what happened, but I can now connect to the internet at any time on any device.