TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Down - Technician never showed up, no help from TPG

laurarachael97
Level 2

We reported an issue with our internet on Tuesday morning 12th Oct. We were told that someone would contact us about a technician, and were told there was no outages in our area (which we already knew because we had checked). We didn't recieved a call until Wednesday where we were told a technician was still being organised. We also had to re-explain our entire issue again to the caller who took forever to find our case. We finally had a technician booked for Thursday 14th between 8am-12pm. My housemate and I took work off to stay home as we were told we HAD to be there. Come 3pm still no one has shown up. After waiting on the TPG help line for an hour we are told that the technician was cancelled due to 'weather issues' (of which there were no weather faults that day). We were never told about the cancellation, and myself and my housemate both lost a whole days work each. We were told someone would contact us and still no help again. I've contacted them for the tenth time today, and the caller told me there is now an 'outage' in the area which could last almost a week. Nowhere online states that there is an outage in our area, nor in any surrounding suburbs. Is it possible at all that TPG can just give us a straight answer and send someone over to help? Very very frustrating with very poor customer service help. 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @laurarachael97

Welcome to the community!

I am sad to learn that you're having issues with the service, I would love to help and get to the bottom of this.

To better understand the status of the connection, drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

We reported an issue with our internet on Tuesday morning 12th Oct. We were told that someone would contact us about a technician, and were told there was no outages in our area (which we already knew because we had checked). We didn't recieved a call until Wednesday where we were told a technician was still being organised. We also had to re-explain our entire issue again to the caller who took forever to find our case. We finally had a technician booked for Thursday 14th between 8am-12pm. My housemate and I took work off to stay home as we were told we HAD to be there. Come 3pm still no one has shown up. After waiting on the TPG help line for an hour we are told that the technician was cancelled due to 'weather issues' (of which there were no weather faults that day). We were never told about the cancellation, and myself and my housemate both lost a whole days work each. We were told someone would contact us and still no help again. I've contacted them for the tenth time today, and the caller told me there is now an 'outage' in the area which could last almost a week. Nowhere online states that there is an outage in our area, nor in any surrounding suburbs. Is it possible at all that TPG can just give us a straight answer and send someone over to help? Very very frustrating with very poor customer service help.