NBN Down regularly

gusvd
Level 3

Since July this year my NBN connection goes down for about an hour each day. I have rang technical support numerously and they go through their set routine of reboot and checking etc. and after a while it comes back up. I found that not ringing them is just as good as it comes back up in about the same time by it self.

Can what ever is causing this routine downtime be fixed? As I said it has only started happening since about July. I live in the Port Adelaide area.

28 REPLIES 28
Shane

Hi @gusvd ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help make investigation to identify what causing dropouts on the service and get to the bottom of this.

Feel free to drop me your account details (Username/Customer ID t ogether with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@gusvd wrote:

Since July this year my NBN connection goes down for about an hour each day. I have rang technical support numerously and they go through their set routine of reboot and checking etc. and after a while it comes back up. I found that not ringing them is just as good as it comes back up in about the same time by it self.

Can what ever is causing this routine downtime be fixed? As I said it has only started happening since about July. I live in the Port Adelaide area.

gusvd
Level 3

I sent my userid and address in a private message. I will keep monitoring to see if my dropouts improve.

Shane

Hi @gusvd,

Thanks for sending me your details. I was able to ran an initial test and it shows no line fault affecting the service, however, I noticed that there has been a multiple attempts on the modem/router connection to our network. We'd like to arrange one of our Technicians for further investigation and real-time tests, please confirm your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

I sent my userid and address in a private message. I will keep monitoring to see if my dropouts improve.

gusvd
Level 3

I sent you my mobile and availability via private message. Also I noticed that my NBN was down again for some time on Sunday even though I wasnt using it at the time.

Riezl

Thanks for your PM, @gusvd. We have escalated the issue to our Engineering Team and one of our case engineers will contact you to discuss the progression of the case.

If there's a need for us to send a technician, you will be advised through SMS or phone call. Kindly await further updates within the day.

gusvd
Level 3

Still seems to happen every day or sometimes every second day down for about 30 to 60 minutes.

Riezl

Hi @gusvd,

As per checking, your service is currently affected by an unplanned NBN network outage and you may check the status here: https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status

There is no estimated time of restoration yet, but NBN technicians will do their best to rectify this as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Daniel_B
Level 3

This sounds exactly like an issue I've been having.

For a couple of months now, daily (on occassion 2-3 times per day) I just lose NBN and it can be out for 5 minutes or an hour (to be fair, it's usually shorter rather than longer).

But it's not at set times and there's no warning when it will go or when it will come back up.

Should I make an indepdent thread about this?*

*I did call over the weekend to discuss, but we ended up spending an hour trying to improve wifi connectivity - which I don't believe was ever the issue and hasn't solved the dropout problem anyway.

If I sound a bit miffed, it's because I have to work from home in the current environment and this makes it difficult.

Riezl

We are sorry to know that you are having issues with the service and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you, @Daniel_B.

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community