I have been having multiple issues with my NBN FTTC connection since it was installed 1/5/2020.
The first issue I have been having is that the connection drops out frequently.
Looking at this thread here:
It looks like we are having the same issue. I have been monitoring my network with a network monitoring tool and I can see that there are constant outages every hour or so.
The second issue that I have is related to the Router provided by TPG - the TP Link 1600 router. The 5Ghz connection on this router does not work at all. It shows that the 5G band is powered on in the router in the admin console and on the router status lights itself but the network is not discoverable at all. Furthermore, it sometime appears intermittently and then dissapears.
I have been a customer of TPGs for a very long time now and this level of service is frankly atrocious for what is essentially supposed to be an improvement over our old ADSL connection.
Can you please assist? I can provide you with all the required logs to help troubleshoot this issue.
I have checked your NBN-HFC 50/20 service on our NBN portal and all tests are passing.
Your modem has been up for 13hours.
5G is not available on many older phones/devices, even some TVs.
2.4GHZ works just as well in mosts cases.
I would suggest doing a factory reset on your modem in case any settings have bee nchanged.
There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:
1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.
In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:
• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Slow-speed-issue/ba-p/1197
• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...
• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Wireless-Channel-on-your-modem-what-is-it-and-why...
We have also created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/How-to-Check-for-NBN-Network-Outage/m-p/45557#M17...