NBN FTTN dropouts

b0
Level 2
Level 2

Sent. Uploads dropped to 6Mbps tonight, usually I can get the full 20Mbps.

Shane

Hi @b0,

Thanks for sending me your details. I arranged one of our Technicians to call you tomorrow between 1-2PM

I will keep an eye on this. Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Erika

Hi @b0

I can see that one of our technicians has tried to get in touch. 

Should you be available, please let us know your preferred time so that we can reschedule this call for you. 

Regards, 

b0
Level 2
Level 2

I called back, I'll see what the engineers say tomorrow.

Shane

Hi @b0,

I've seen that this has been raised to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation

Assessment usually takes 24-48hrs, rest assured feedback will be provided by our Engineering Team via SMS or Phone call.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

b0
Level 2
Level 2

So TPG technician came to my house, did some tests, made a pair change from the box to the socket, nbn tells TPG it's not their fault, senior TPG engineer gets involved, escalates his request to nbn management, nbn still says it's not their fault, got sent a HG658 loan modem, internet still drops out, upload and downloads speed still drops and HG658 takes way longer to re-establish connection after dropouts. Great...

Erika

Hi @b0

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your internet connection - it seems that this is taking far too long and it sounds like there has been a lot of back and forth with NBN regarding this.

Testing alternate hardware is an important part of troubleshooting to prove that this issue is not because of the equipment used. 

I've now flagged this with our Engineering team and I've asked them to try contacting you again so that we can have this followed up further.

Regards,

b0
Level 2
Level 2

I'm still waiting to hear back from the engineers. Do I return the loan modem? I haven't been given proper instructions apart from mentioning the return address. I already know that this modem performs worst than the HG659.

Edit: Engineer calls me minutes after posting this and he is waiting for nbn's response again and will email me return postage info.

b0
Level 2
Level 2

After finally getting an nbn technitian to try and fix the connection today, all he did was replace the socket. It made NO difference. I am still experiencing dropouts and fluctuating upstream line rate. What a great network, dropping out as I am typing this right now!

Riezl

We're sorry to know that you are still having issues with the service even after the technician visit, @b0.

Our Engineering Team is still monitoring your connection and we will have the case engineer contact you as soon as possible to discuss how this case will progress.