TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

Highlighted

Hi @annielee

We'll advise your case manager to call you between 12:30PM - 1:30PM today to discuss this further.

BasilDV

Highlighted
Level 3
Thank you...
I am waiting now.
Annie-
Highlighted

Hi @annielee,

We understand that your case manager has been in touch and booked a technician to help us with the setup.

Further updates will be given by them once available.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

Highlighted
Level 3
Yes, We booked time.
Thanks a lot.
Annie.
Highlighted
Level 1c

After many years of being a loyal subcriber, Im afraid that "business decison" has forced me to look elsewhere. 

After buying a modem/router for $300 in preparation for the NBN, I can not justify being forced to not use it. Sadly I will be moving away, and going to another provider when the NBN comes to my area. 

Highlighted

Hi @Ads1969, we're sorry to know that you're considering changing provider.

We value you as our customer and we'd like to check what can be done to turn things around.

You can opt to use your own equipment for  TPG NBN provided that it's NBN compatible.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and check what type of NBN service will be available at your address.

Please also include the make and model of your modem.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Highlighted

Thanks for sending the details via PM, @Ads1969.

We can see that your address is planned to be serviced with NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) and this is expected to become available on 2020-04-09, but we'd like to set your expectation that this may change depending on the NBN rollout.

For NBN FTTC, you can use your own modem for the internet, provided that it is VDSL2+ and NBN compatible and the modem is properly configured to your TPG account details.

However, the VoIP service will not work as it is only provisioned on the TPG supplied modem.

We understand that you'd like to use your own equipment for the phone service, but we regret to inform you that we are unable to provide the VoIP settings for security reasons.

Highlighted
Level 1a
Hi, I’ve already received the text if my nbn is waiting for activation, i already connect my modem and my wifi as well, yet i still couldn’t browse on the internet, also the light of dsl on the wifi that supposed to be on was off, intried to by pass it from the nbn modem to my laptop yet it seems not working. I’ve tried to reach customer service for few times and been waiting for 30mins yet no one answering. Hope you can help me to fix up this issue

Hi @rizkyichsan,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issue with the installation of the service. To better understand the situation, PM us your account details (Username/customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

Highlighted
Level 1a
Hi

I revived a txt from TPG and a new NCD and. Modem. I have made all the connections as per manual- but only the power light and one more light is flashing in the NCD And no internet light not coming on on the Modem.

Need assistance.