TPG Community

Get online support

NBN down 10 days

dczemann
Level 2
Nbn has been down since Thurs 14 March. No reason given, no timeframe of when it will be fixed. 2 txt msgs sent with nothing but "there is an issue and we will update you when possible". This is ridiculous, coming up to 2 weeks pretty soon tpg!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @dczemann,

Welcome to the community.

We apologise for the delay and understand you feel that your connection issue is taking far too long to resolve. We are able to locate your account using your community details.

We have identified that the issue is with the core network controlled by the NBN Co. And is affecting a multiple number of homes. This unfortunately means the only NBN Co. Technicians have the authority to fix this fault.

Our Technical Team is currently monitoring your service. Based on NBN Co.'s latest update the initial investigation indicates damaged cable may be the root cause of this network fault civil works require and currently on going.

Further updates will be provided by one of our Technicians when an update is available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

dczemann
Level 2
I'm sorry but this is nowhere near good enough.

Please clarify: is everyone who is on the NBN in our area suffering the same issue, or is it just a TPG issue?
For nearly two weeks my wife nor I have not been able to work from home and my children cannot do any school work. This is beyond an inconvenience.

We need to know exactly when it will be fixed, not just "we'll let you know". NBN would have a timframe to fix something of this magnitude, that being the service they provide not working at all.
Shane

Hi @dczemann

The issue is with network controlled by the NBN Co. and multiple NBN Users are affected of this network fault. We understand how much your service means to you.

Based on NBN Co.'s latest update. Investigation has found that a pit has filled with water and a vacuum pump is required to allow for restoration works to continue. We made follow up on this issue, however no ETA yet as per NBN Co.

We'll keep an eye on this together with the help of our Technical Team. We'll provide you further updates when is available.

dczemann
Level 2

We’re now into the third week of having NO internet service and NO update on when it will be fixed.

In light of this can you please turn ON our previous ADSL2 service while the NBN is down so we at least have SOMETHING to use.

That this hasn’t been offered by TPG isn’t really inspiring for customer service and finding a solution to a big problem for your customers who are paying for a service that isn’t there.

Shane

Hi @dczemann,

We apologise for the delay and understand you feel that your connection issue is taking far too long to resolve.  Based on the latest log on NBN is awaiting updated network plan from Third Party Network Providers for assisting technician to isolate the fault on the network.

At the moment, we are still waiting for an update from NBN Co., further updates will be provided when is available. We sent you a Private Message for additional details, please see your inbox.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @dczemann,

Good day! I sent you a Private message about the current progress of this case.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!