NBN issues

pretty520888
Level 2

Hi there, there was no internet in Glen Waverley for two days,I called yesterday and was told that there was a problem in our area, not sure when that would be fixed. I wonder when we can use nbn again cos it has been two days, that’s a serious issue since everyone at home need internet! I tried to restart it, no use.

7 REPLIES 7
Will

Hi @pretty520888 

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, I was able to pull up your account and check your case history. Our records show that you've spoken to our Helpdesk yesterday about the same concern.

Our recent tests show that your modem is already connected and should be working. Are you still having trouble getting internet connection from your end?

Let me know if you still need technical assistance.

Regards,

pretty520888
Level 2

Hello Will

No, I still could not access to the internet,even can’t find our internet’s name among the WiFi list. I have restarted for a few times, not working.

Will

Hi @pretty520888 

It seems like the problem is more on WIFI connection then.

In order for me to assist you properly, can you help me with the following:

1. What's the status of the lights on the modem?
  2. Are you still using the default WIFI name located on the sticker of the modem or did you customize it previously?

Regards,

pretty520888
Level 2

Hello Will

1. The lights are green as normal , I attached a photo for you to have a look.

2. Yes, I still use the default name, didn’t customerize it.7CB8BA9A-B0F3-439D-AAED-321965A4A381.jpeg

Will

Hi @pretty520888 

Based on the light indicators on the TP-Link modem, the WIFI (2.4GHz and 5GHz lights) is off. There's a WIFI button on top of the modem. Can you try and turn it on?

Regards,

pretty520888
Level 2

Yeah, it’s working now,Thank you Will for all your help!

Will

That's wonderful to hear, @pretty520888 

I'm glad we're able to sort that out.

Cheers!