TPG Community

Get online support

NBN outage - ticket #11806602

cukljek
Level 2

On Friday 15/10 I have reported NBN outage that happened a day before on Thursday. I was advised that the earliest the technician  could attend was Tuesday 19/10 (today). The technician replaced NBN box as it was damaged during the storm on Thursday and Internet service was restored.

My next door neighbours (I am in unit 7, they are in unit 8) had exactly the same problem, they had the technician on Saturday morning (they are with iiNet).

I would like to know why is NBN attending the same fault twice (it was the problem with NBN line affecting all units in our building) and why did it take almost 5 days to restore my service with TPG.

I work from home and had no Internet connection from 14/10 until today 19/10.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @cukljek ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We do not have the report of the job order that was done with the NBN line of the building. But based on the escalated fault that a line was damaged that caused connection issues.

It is possible that NBN technicians prioritized to fix the NBN line of the building before replacing the damaged NBN box.

TPG do not have control with line fault that affect NBN network only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault.

@cukljek wrote:

On Friday 15/10 I have reported NBN outage that happened a day before on Thursday. I was advised that the earliest the technician  could attend was Tuesday 19/10 (today). The technician replaced NBN box as it was damaged during the storm on Thursday and Internet service was restored.

My next door neighbours (I am in unit 7, they are in unit 8) had exactly the same problem, they had the technician on Saturday morning (they are with iiNet).

I would like to know why is NBN attending the same fault twice (it was the problem with NBN line affecting all units in our building) and why did it take almost 5 days to restore my service with TPG.

I work from home and had no Internet connection from 14/10 until today 19/10.