TPG Community

Get online support

NBN red optical light

mortg
Level 2
We've checked the service status and the NBN status (TPG and NBN websites) and it says they are all working. Our neighbours NBN is working. Our NBN been very slow all night. Now we have a red optical light and no internet at all. I phoned tpg and after waiting 45 mins I hung up at 9.09pm because I figured no one was going to answer. We have reset the NBN box. Still have red optical light.
7 REPLIES 7
Riezl

Hi @mortg,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

In your case, the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team and they are coordinating the matter with NBN Co. to fast track the resolution.

You will receive further updates via SMS or phone regarding the progression of the case.

Alantas
Level 2
I also have a red optical light on the NBN box and have tried turning off and on also checked if there were any outages but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Hopefully you can fix this at your end as internet is pretty important to my work.
ratha5y7
Level 2
I am also having this red light problem tried switching everything off and reset, also tried waiting overnight, this was a new connection only my 2nd or 3rd week in, also it appears I’m being charged $20 for excess fee?
laxmanreddy1985
Level 2
I moved house and internet was installed, when connecting modem to nbn the optical port is red.
danr
Level 2

My NBN was connected this afternoon and the optical light went red as soon as I plugged the modem in.  This has really soured my opinion of TPG and will be looking to get out of my contract if this can't be fixed quickly.

moazzam
Level 2
I have same issue. No internet and optical
light is red. Tried power cycle and reset. Waiting for support. Which is hoped in next 7 days. In restrictions and covid WFH. Very bad timing and support /nbn is useless.
Shane

Hi @moazzam,

I responded to your initial post located here

The issue affecting the service has been escalated to our Engineering Team. We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co.

This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault. The initial date provided is the earliest date available provided to us by our wholesale partner NBN. Further updates will be provided by one of our Engineers when it becomes available via SMS or Phone call.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I have same issue. No internet and optical
light is red. Tried power cycle and reset. Waiting for support. Which is hoped in next 7 days. In restrictions and covid WFH. Very bad timing and support /nbn is useless.