TPG Community

Get online support

Nbn50 slow and drops out

Donnan351
Level 2
Hello, I have recently connected NBN50 and my internet has been dropping in and out all day and when it's on I am usually getting under 10mps
4 REPLIES 4
RajenS

Hi @Donnan351 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.

kind regards

RajenS

Hi @Donnan351 

Looking at your account now 

Thanks 

Rajen

RajenS

Hi @Donnan351 

I just went through your full connections, and remotely access to your router.
Current speed is more than your plan, and I can't see any dropouts for last 17 Hours,

It looks like you are having issues with WIFI or Bandwidth sharing,

to understand this, turn off wifi on your router ( make sure nothing is connected )
connect your PC or laptop with LAN cable - run the speed test, I am sure you will speed is over 45MB

2 Now connected your mobile phone over 5G wifi, do a speed test close to the router and run another one far from the router
do the same testing for 2.4G wifi as well,
so you will understand how wifi works,

bandwidth sharing means - when multiple devices do streaming or downloading your total speed will be shared to each device, at this stage if you run a speed test. it will be slow

your current sync speed is  

Operational Status Up   RTX Actual Throughput 22372.0 kbps 54444.0 kbps
Service Stability STABLE   RTX Actual Net Data Rate 22600.0 kbps 54999.0 kbps

Thanks
Rajen

Donnan351
Level 2
Yes you are correct I am getting 45mb through cable and I am only getting 12mb through wifi even right next to the wifi. Do I just have to replace with a bettwr wifi box as its just the one use have supplied