TPG Community

Get online support

No VoIP service after router change

wayner3
Level 3

TPG NBN SL Voice Bundle service, we've just changed from an Archer 1600v2 to a VX420-V2g as the old one turned brown and the smoke leaked out. I'm certain all visible configuation is correct, Internet is working better than ever. Phone handset is a known working Telstra analogue desk phone, connected directly to the green port. No phone light on the router, we have side tone, but no dial tone on the phone and people ringing in get a OCA0188 RVA. 
I've rebooted both the NBN connection box and the router, but it's made no difference.

Is there any configuration I may have missed, or is there a setting at the TPG end to point our voice service to the new router?

2 REPLIES 2
wayner3
Level 3

H323 gateway is enabled and SIP is not enabled, per the default out of box configuration.
Wayne

Shane

Hi @wayner3,

Welcome to the community!

TPG-NBN VoIP service will only work using our supplied modem/router, send me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) and we will check if the modem is still under warranty to proceed with the replacement.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

TPG NBN SL Voice Bundle service, we've just changed from an Archer 1600v2 to a VX420-V2g as the old one turned brown and the smoke leaked out. I'm certain all visible configuation is correct, Internet is working better than ever. Phone handset is a known working Telstra analogue desk phone, connected directly to the green port. No phone light on the router, we have side tone, but no dial tone on the phone and people ringing in get a OCA0188 RVA. 
I've rebooted both the NBN connection box and the router, but it's made no difference.

Is there any configuration I may have missed, or is there a setting at the TPG end to point our voice service to the new router?