TPG Community

Get online support

Outlook 2010 Not Receiving emails

tfarley
Level 2

Hi, A few days ago, I had a probelm with Outlook 2010 which was not allowing me to send emails but allowing to receive emails. This was solved by contacting technical support and changing my email POP password and all was working fine. I now hve a new problem which is not allowing me to receive emails. The reported error is as follows.

Task 'xxxxxx@tpg.com.au - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I am at a loss as to what is going on. I do intend to contact Technical Support but I thought it would be sensible to raise this issue on this forum.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @tfarley ,

This error message is a timeout error.

This can be caused by excessively large emails, check for any large emails on the server.

Again, antivirus systems can misbehave to cause this error. Disable the antivirus software and try again.

Another option is to increase the "Server Timeout" size in their email client.  In Outlook and Outlook Express this can be found on the Advanced tab in their email account properties.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!