TPG Community

Get online support

Parent control on Archer VR1600v

a21071
Level 2

Hi,

I am writing to complain the Archer VR router TPG provided, the parent control feature does not work at all, wasted my whole night to try and set up.

There are several users complained about this feature in TPG community but the answers from TPG were totally useless and not working.

Nowadays, parental control feature becoming more and more important under COVID situation, especially for parents who need to control the internet time for the kids; 

Please you to take this matter serious and find the solution to solve the problem,

Regards,

Yun

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @a21071,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry that our TP-Link Vr1600 doesn't meet your expectations. The Parental Control is not supported by our supplied modem/router. We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle.

TPG loads it's custom firmware on our NBN modem/router so that it can match with the system we use to provide you with TPG NBN internet and homephone. This is also done for added security and privacy of the connection. You have the option to use a 3rd party modem/router to maximize the Parental Control feature however, the VoIP phone will only work using our supplied equipment.

We welcome all feedback as hearing from our customers is the best way we can improve our business. As advised, we've escalated this matter for future improvements.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Hi,

I am writing to complain the Archer VR router TPG provided, the parent control feature does not work at all, wasted my whole night to try and set up.

There are several users complained about this feature in TPG community but the answers from TPG were totally useless and not working.

Nowadays, parental control feature becoming more and more important under COVID situation, especially for parents who need to control the internet time for the kids; 

Please you to take this matter serious and find the solution to solve the problem,

Regards,

Yun