Phone drop out

SOLVED Go to solution
drawood
Level 3

Two questions about my NBN phone with tpg

1) This morning when I was speaking with a friend, twice the phone lost contact for several seconds. The call was not disconnected but there was a pause and then the voice was back and the conversation continued.

Is the cause of this a short drop out with my internet?

2) Over the last two days, I have been trying to contact a business and have been put in a queue on a few occasions. After a while (say 10 or 15 minutes) the call drops out and I get an engaged signal.

Is the cause of this a short drop out with my internet?

I would be appreciative to know if the NBN was a cause or if the cause was at the other end of the call (not my end) ?

I cannot say I have had drop outs when using the internet and thus wondering now I am connected to NBN if it is a dropout that is causing my problem?

Many thanks

Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RajenS

Hi, drawood,

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so i can look at your service

I can't see any more issues with your connections. 

Connected at: 2020-04-09 20:23:07 Connected for: 4d 13h 44m.

you have NBN. If the internet service is down, this will affect your home phone service too as the phone (voice) relies on the internet service. Please call TPG straight away if your internet and phone services are both not working. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
drawood
Level 3

Re my post yesterday about phone dropping out for a few seconds. It just happened again.

It would be great if someone would tell me is this the internet dropping out for a few seconds as my phone is on NBN.

I look forward today to hearing from someone knowledgeable.

Thanks.

RajenS

Hi, drawood,

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so i can look at your service

I can't see any more issues with your connections. 

Connected at: 2020-04-09 20:23:07 Connected for: 4d 13h 44m.

you have NBN. If the internet service is down, this will affect your home phone service too as the phone (voice) relies on the internet service. Please call TPG straight away if your internet and phone services are both not working.