TPG Community

Get online support

Potential cause of TPG NBN drop outs

hueykam
Level 3

The outage has been about 13.5 hours.

Does anybody at TPG knows what is happening?

My kid is sick and I need to work from home today.

But I cannot work because the internet is down.

I will like to escalate this.

Can I get an update every 30 minutes on what is happening and what is the progress?

Riezl

Hi @hueykam, we have already made a follow up with our Engineering Team and advised the case manager to contact you as soon as possible to discuss the status of the case.

hueykam
Level 3

TPG NBN suddenly got disconnected since 7.15am yesterday (Wed 17 Oct) morning.

15 hours of outage and nobody at TPG knows what is happening.

The only reply that I get from TPG is that they have lodge a case with NBN and that we will only get a reply within 24 hours.

I think that is not good enough.

I have a sick kid here and I need to work from home.

Can we get a technical update from the NBN team if the fault is with NBN?

I think you guys can do better than giving me a generic answer like asking me to wait for 24 hours.

That is totally unacceptable.

I will be expecting an hourly update on the status and progress.

And please do not delete this message again.

Thank you.

Riezl

We understand, you need to take care of your son, thus you have to work from home and the situation with your internet service not working since Wednesday morning.

Our Technical Escalations Team is currently in contact with NBN to remedy the issues on the lines outside. As of this point NBN is committed to send out a technician anytime between now and 20th of October.

TPG will continue to work on this matter with NBN until we have it resolved the soonest possible.

hueykam
Level 3

@Riezl, I do not know why you keep on merging my "outage" case with the "stability" post, they are different case.

Meanwhile, I made a slight mistake in the calculation of the outage hours.

The outage started from yesterday morning 7.15am, that means by this morning 7.15am it would have been outage for 24 hours. It is now 12.35pm, that means it has been outage for 29 hours.

What is the SLA between TPG and NBN?

hueykam
Level 3

More than 30 hours of outage.

Amazing!

I feel like a new TPG user.

Great service! Well Done!

hueykam
Level 3

More than 32 hours of outage.

Still waiting...

hueykam
Level 3

More than 51 hours of outage!

Nobody at TPG and NBN has yet to explain why my line was dropped.

I've already made a complaint to Ombusman.

Formal RCA on the matter will be required.

Riezl

Hi @ hueykam, while we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

As mentioned, NBN Co. has indentified a fault on the line outside, thus they will be sending a technician to rectify the issue. They have advised us that the job will be completed anytime between now and the 20th of October.

Once we receive an update regarding the outcome of the investigation, you will be contacted by the case engineer.

Furthermore, we have escalated your concern to our Complaints Resolution Team and a case manager will be in touch to further discuss the matter.