TPG Community

Get online support

Recurring issues, why do TPG keep closing the ticket after monitoring a short time

Schtevo66
Level 3

Over the last 2 years this has been a recurring issue with intermittent, but increasing dropouts. NBNco eventually come out and patch me onto a new copper pair and it works for a while then the cycle starts all over again. Happening now, was last an issue in February, then October 2020 before that. I'm over it!

It starts with my FTTN dropping out intermittently, and keeps increasing in frequency until something gets done. I happened 3 times yesterday, and for the second time in a week TPG have closed the ticket after monitoring for 12 hours or so. Each time I request that you continue to monitor longer becuase I've seen it all before. This will continue until it gets bad enough for NBNco to be called in, the same as it has each time in the past, problem is I have to put up with the dropouts until it gets bad enough for you to listen to me. Working from home this time so it's not ideal for me to be dropping out all the time.

Please have someone in tech support have a look at my history and come and fix this thing properly.

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

Hi @Schtevo66 , we have checked the status of your connection and it appears to be stable at the moment. We'll see how it goes and if the issue persists, we will check further.

Feel free to message us should you need further assistance. Thank you.

Schtevo66
Level 3

This problem recurrs every 6 months or so if you look at my past issues, it starts out each time like this, having random dropouts every day or so, but it increases until it becomes bad enough for TPG/NBN to take interest and do something.

Problem for me is that the level it takes for you to care is very inconvienient for me trying to work from home.

Riezl

We understand how inconvenient to use an unstable connection and we sincerely apologise for the trouble this has caused you. We'll continue to monitor the connection and if the issue persists, we'll investigate further. Please also let us know and do not turn off the modem if the issue happens again so we can get an accurate testing. Thank you.

Schtevo66
Level 3

Over a week later and I'm still having the same issue, I think I now have multiple tickets open after calling many times, nothing gets done.

It's dropped out 5 times in the last hour, I'm well over it.

This needs to be fixed, or it's time for me to find another provider.

Riezl

We have made a follow up with our Engineering Team and the Case Engineer will contact you once a new update becomes available. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.